Welcome to Plum Hill Preschool.
Plum Hill is a Reggio Emilia and Waldorf inspired preschool for children 1-6 years old, opening August 6, 2018 in the University Hills neighborhood of Denver, Colorado.
We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year!
Plum Hill strives to:
- Support healthy interactions and relationship building between students, peers, teachers, school, community, society, and nature.
- Empower children as active facilitators of their own learning.
- Support parents and families as active participants in their child's learning experience.
- Maintain a beautiful and inspiring environment, rich in materials and possibilities.
- Respect the complex work of the teacher as a professional, a co-learner, researcher, resource, and role model for students.
- Support students many forms of learning and means of expressing that learning.
- Invite and sustain learning through projects and inquiries designed around observations of the children, to create a personal educational experience tailored to the needs of each child.
- Respect play as a fundamental right of children. Treat play as the work of the child, with an understanding that play is how children learn best.
- Honor childhood and each developmental stage as a valid and authentic time unto itself- not merely as preparation for schooling or a stepping stone to the next stage of development.
Our mission is to provide a nurturing and supportive environment that honors childhood, engages children as active facilitators of their own learning, and promotes a lifelong sense of wonder and curiosity through playful exploration and interaction with the world around them.
Read our Educational Philosophy to learn more about our approach to early childhood education.
3060 S. Dahlia St. Denver, CO, 80222